Seeds are a great snack, they offer lots of important micronutrients and are easy to carry around with you. However, plain seeds can be a bit boring. Do not fear though, this is easily remedied. All you need to do is whip up a simple marinade/mix or seasonings, toss your seeds in this and wack them in the oven. Having recently discovered Miso paste, I’m currently a little obsessed and am trying to find as many diffferent uses for it as possible. To balance out the savoury taste of the miso, i’ve paired it with a bit of maple syrup – another bsession of mine! The sweet and savoury go together so well, it truly is a taste sensation. Super quick to make, so they’re perfect whn hunger strikes and you need a snack pronto! Another reason to love these, they’re simple to make a big batch of and eat throughout the week.
1 rounded tsp Miso paste
100g Seed/nut mix
2 tsp Maple syrup
Dash of Ginger
1 tsp Oil
- Preheat fan oven to 180 degress celsius.
- Mix together the syrup and miso paste.
- Sprinkle in the ginger and combine.
- Thin out the mix slightly with some olive oil.
- Add in the seeds and mix until all the seeds are fully covered.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool, I like to sprinkle on a little extra ginger or salt while they do this. Store in an airtight container.